Victoria Quilters’ Guild
Mailing Address: Suite #184, 1581-H Hillside Ave,
Victoria, BC, Canada, V8T 2C1
Victoria Community Comfort Quilts Society
Purpose of VCCQS:
- To support charitable quilt making by members of the Victoria Quilters Guild, known as the “Grant Program”, and
- To provide quilts for babies in the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit of Victoria General Hospital, otherwise known as “Baby Quilts”
Membership in VCCQS is automatic when becoming a member of VQG.
Funding is provided primarily through direct donations, and fund-raising efforts generated during the quilt show, which ordinarily takes place every two years.
Management of Funds is entrusted to an Executive committee of four people, elected for a term of two years to VCCQS.
Guidelines for obtaining funds for the Grant Program
The VCCQS provides, when funds permit, small grants to members of the Victoria Quilters Guild to show our support of their efforts in producing quilts and other fabric-related projects for charitable organizations recognized in our region.
- To apply for a grant, print and complete the application form provided on this website, ensuring signatures are provided and mail to: VCCQS c/o Valerie Boode, #6, 290 Superior Street, Victoria, BC V8V 1T3 or submit to Valerie Boode during a VQG meeting.
- Community quilts can be made by an individual member or a group of guild members. Regardless of total number of group members, only five can apply for the group grant.
- Individual or group grants are eligible once annually. An individual may not apply with a group if applying for an individual grant.
- The term “year” is determined by the raffle date as per Gaming Commission regulations.
- The recipient of the quilt(s) must be a recognized charity or organization deemed appropriate by the VQG or VCCQS, be located in the CRD, as per Raffle request.
- Quilts are not to be used as fundraisers.
- If possible, completed quilts made with charitable grant funds should be shown at VQG Show and Share before they are donated.
- Acknowledgement received from the recipient organization, such as thank you notes, are to be stored with VCCQS, attached to grant records.
Accredited charities are:
Welcome Quilts (for refugees)
The Cridge Centre
Victoria General Hospital
Mito Quilts of Hope, located in CRD
Quilts of Valour, located in CRD
Future charities, deemed worthy by Committee decision