The VCCQS provides, when funds permit, small grants to members of the Victoria Quilters Guild to show our support of their efforts in producing quilts and other fabric-related projects for charitable organizations recognized in our region.
Grant Application Guidelines
- To apply for a grant, print and complete the application form (pdf), ensuring signatures are provided and mail to: VCCQS c/o Valerie Boode, #6, 290 Superior Street, Victoria, BC V8V 1T3 or submit to Valerie Boode during a VQG meeting.
- Community quilts can be made by an individual member or a group of guild members. Regardless of total number of group members, only five can apply for the group grant.
- Individual or group grants are eligible once annually. An individual may not apply with a group if applying for an individual grant.
- The term “year” is determined by the raffle date as per Gaming Commission regulations.
- The recipient of the quilt(s) must be a recognized charity or organization deemed appropriate by the VQG or VCCQS, be located in the CRD, as per Raffle request.
- Quilts are not to be used as fundraisers.
- If possible, completed quilts made with charitable grant funds should be shown at VQG Show and Share before they are donated.
- Acknowledgement received from the recipient organization, such as thank you notes, are to be stored with VCCQS, attached to grant records.
Accredited charities are:
- Transition House
- Threshold Housing
- Welcome Quilts (for refugees)
- The Cridge Centre
- Victoria Hospice
- Pandora House
- Jeneece Place
- Victoria General Hospital
- Mito Quilts of Hope, located in CRD
- Victoria Newcomers
- Quilts of Valour, located in CRD
- Future charities, deemed worthy by Committee decision